Monday, March 8, 2010

Back at blogging

Kept on my "Diet" for quite some time. Stopped blogging about it. Felt like blogging again.
Around January, I stopped dieting once I reached 180 lbs. I went back on crappy food and didn't seem to gain any weight. I figured, I could just eat whatever I want since I kept going from 185 lbs back to 180 lbs during the day. I got to the point where my goal weight didn't seem skinny enough. I was slowly starting to reach 190 lbs. Something had to be done. I had a nice break from the Eat to Live diet, and I was ready to lose some more pounds.
I heard about The Biggest Loser work out DVDs and looked into them. I discovered Jillian Michaels on my On Demand cable channel. I was instantly hooked.
My wife and I were looking into getting some yoga workout machine. I can't even remember what it was called, but we were going to buy one used for 125 bucks. I was about to buy one, but Jillian's workout show was calling to me. Instead of blowing a huge amount of money for a fad workout machine, I payed 7 bucks on Amazon for "30 Minute Shred." This DVD has changed my life. I started seeing results in my first week of doing it. I look forward to doing this everyday, and it doesn't take your whole evening away as it would by going to a gym.
I was still eating crappy while doing the work outs. I wasn't losing any weight, but I was definitely gaining muscle. My quads were rock hard and I could some some nice abs coming in. Losing some weight could help these abs to show their definition.
Well, I'm back on the eat to live diet, and now for good! I'm down to 174lbs! I'm not so hard core about it, but then again maybe I am even more hard core. I am not as strict about salt. I allow myself a little bit. But I had a hamburger the other day and felt sooo sick. I am seriously considering being a vegetarian. Not just because it is good for me, but so I don't feel so gross after eating meat. I still eat salmon and a little bit of chicken breast.
I had half of a cookie at work yesterday and it tasted so fake to me. Almost like diet food. Maybe the cooks used splenda.
I am really seeing how this is a way of life. Not just because it's healthy, but because I don't want to feel so gross after I eat something.
I bought Jillian's book "Master Your Metabolism" this weekend. I only read the intro, but it sounds similar to "Eat to Live." I am really enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment