Monday, March 8, 2010

Hmmm

I buy canned fruit. Not as good as fresh fruit, but better for you than candy! I only buy fruit canned in 100% juice. Today at the grocery store I saw one packed in "lite" syrup. Same price as 100% juice, same amount of calories, etc. But it's packed in water and sugar. Why not just buy it in 100% juice? Heavy syrup is about 50 more calories than lite and real fruit juice!

The reason I buy canned fruit is because I am allergic to certain raw fruits. Apples, peaches, plums, and pears make my throat itchy. My lips swell up a little but and my gums feel inflamed. If they are cooked or canned, this does not occur. My wife bought organic apples recently and none of the symptoms occured. Very interesting! I do hate paying more for organic fruit, but there has to be something they add to non organic fruits that make these symptoms occur to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment