Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Diet


So I have been on the "Eat to Live" diet for two days now. I weighed myself on the first and second day, but not very seriously. It may have been that I weighed myself at two odd times of the day, but I swear I was at 215 lbs the first day. I am now at 210 lbs. Is it possible that I lost 5 pounds already? I am not sure. From now on I will weigh myself daily in the morning before I eat anything.
So far I have been enjoying my new diet. I get to be creative to make my meals enjoyable. I get hungry more often, but then I just eat some fruits or veggies and fulfill my hunger. I enjoyed the past 2 supper meals. Spinach salad with baked chicken with balsamic vinegar and lime juice.
My super skinny sister-in-law and brother-in-law were my motivation. They are cool people that make eating healthy look cool and fun to do. My sister-in-law brought up her diet that she does once in a while: For a few weeks eat nothing but broccoli and chicken. I wanted to do this, but the "Eat to Live" diet seemed much more reasonable and can be a life long diet.
She also introduced me to unsweetened ice tea. To me, iced tea is an acquired drink, just as much as coffee. I have never liked it so much, but it is growing on me. She says its a hunger suppressant, but more importantly, it is more healthy than coffee.
Here is a rundown of what I have been eating for the past 2 days.

Day 1:
Breakfast: Coffee and heated up broccoli.
Snacks: Banana, celery, carrots
Lunch: Baked chicken and carrots
Snacks: more celery, broccoli, and carrots
Dinner: Spinach salad with chicken, red bell pepper, green onion, balsamic dressing
I also drank 2 glasses of red wine with my supper and drank about 4-5 glasses of iced green tea throughout the day.

Day 2:
Did not have hunger sensation in the morning
Breakfast: Banana and coffee
Did not feel much hungry until luchtime
Lunch: Another banana, broccoli, carrots, spinach, some red bell pepper, celery.
I have been using lime juice and cayenne pepper on my broccoli and it tastes great!
Snacks: celery, carrots
Supper: Same chicken and spinach salad
Red wine and grapes (not together) after supper

No comments:

Post a Comment